For us, Uganda is like no other place in Africa. Of course, famous for their mountain gorillas, Uganda is also becoming one of the best birding destinations in Africa with all the diverse national parks on offer like Murchison falls or Queen Elizabeth National Park. Uganda’s simplicity is her main attraction and yet another reason to combine with the likes of the Serengeti to give you a well-rounded East Africa experience, or simply immerse yourself in Uganda, and you won’t be disappointed.
Things to do
1. Track gorillas
2. Primate walks through Kibale National park
3. River cruise to Murchison Falls
4. Track Lions in Queen Elizabeth National Park with the Ugandan Carnivore Program
5. Birders Paradise and home to the shoebill storks in Semliki National Park
Rwanda is the Gorilla Capital of Africa, home to the more accessible Gorilla trekking locations. A perfect destination to combine with the likes of a safari in Kenya or Tanzania. Places that should be on your hit list for Rwanda will certainly be Lake Kivu, Kigali and Volcanoes National Park. Of course, a visit to Rwanda is not complete without a few reflective moments at the Genocide Memorial Centre to make you appreciate the beauty of this country even more.
Things to do
1. Gorilla Trek and Orientation tours
2. Kayak, Hike or Bike Lake Kivu
3. Visit the Genocide Memorial Centre
4. Explore Rwandas colourful Markets
5. Experience Nyungwe National Park while searching for Chimpanzees
Best times to Visit
Bespoke journeys through Southern Africa, East Africa and Indian Ocean islands